So perhaps it's a truce....or perhaps Rudolph bribed a guard for protection. But our guinea pig "cell mates" seem to be getting along better this morning & there is no ...ahem, "unauthorized activity" going on. LOL!
I have to say, Rudolph is really cute. I took him out and held him for a little bit today and he's so small in comparison to Saturn. He hasn't been socialized much - I have to remember that. Our original pair we adopted from a Guinea Pig rescue organization - but it has since shut down (much to my disappointment)...no it wasn't lack of interest. The family that ran it said it was too hard to part with all the guinea pigs, so they just kept them ALL! But since the original pair was from a rescue, they were handled & socialized. Rudolph is (I am ashamed to say), a "pet store" guinea. Therefore he was in a pen with about 5 other young guineas and not handled much. So we have a little work ahead of us but fun work.
It was funny because I said to Don
"I still feel like we rescued him from the pet store".
Then my husband adds
"Yeah, well you rescued him only to put him in a cell with a pervert. Nice rescue job"
Pics to follow!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOL, Don!
Post a Comment