Saturday, November 29, 2008

Good-Bye Turkey, Hellooooo Christmas...

Well the big dinner is over (even though it was small & intimate). The turkey platter is put away (for now). The fall decorations are down and Hello Christmas decorations!!!

I really enjoy Thanksgiving...more and more each year as I get older (ahem...let's make that "wiser"). But I have to admit, the day after Thanksgiving....gimme those Christmas decorations. I LOVE it. I so very much enjoy putting up decorations and having the family's input on "should this go here or there?".

So yesterday was our big knock-down, drag-out puttin' up the decorations day. The boys played games & then played outside most of the day. Daddy was great at keeping them busy (a.k.a. out of the way while the boxes were emptied). Being boys & being 5 and 2....their attention wanes. So they enjoyed playing and then stopping to see the progress & help for a few minutes and then back out to play. After their showers/baths & jammies, they decorated the children's tree in the family room with all their ornaments they have collected in their short little years (surprisingly a lot!) plus we gave them the ornaments we got them this year (waaaay more than I remembered getting!). They had so much fun. I still have to put up the little fiber optic trees in their bedrooms & some misc. decor but the majority is up inside & out. The big family tree is done. The children's tree is done. Our inflatable is set up outside and the outside lights are up (yes indeed, hubby did them Wednesday night!!!!). The front porch dispay is 25% done. The mantle is partially finished. But we look pretty festive!

Now God help me...I need guidance to find a cookie recipe soon. I am hosting my annual Cookie Exchange in 2 weeks and the hostess can't decide what to make!! Oh if only all my decisions were are serious as which cookie to make - LOL!

2 comments:

Melodie said...

We're usually really delayed in getting decorated for Christmas, but this year we are already half-way done. Mostly because I made Phil go out Friday morning to get our new faux tree from Home Depot (it was a door-buster and he got the last one).

And as for the cookie exchange, I'm having trouble locating my recipe. Hopefully, I'll find it soon, because if I don't, I'll have to make something different and I don't want to do that!

Scarlett said...

I think I decided which cookie I was going to make about halfway through the year. I've been thinking about making these cookies for a few years now, but just finally found the right recipe and tried it. I can't wait!!!