Well this is a rare occasion but our whole family had a lazy Saturday. Hubby has one fairly regularly & the boys have them but "me"....well, that doesn't happen that often. I have this whole guilt-control struggle regarding lazy days. I think they are great & well-deserved here & there - I have no problem advocating for someone else to have one. But when it comes to me, well...let's just say I start seeing dishes piling up, laundry piling up, countertops full of misc. stuff waiting to be put away, toys strewn all over, and it just sort of puts a black cloud over any joy in being lazy. I am not worried about what others think - it is just the backlog of work I know will occur from letting my guard down.
I realized life is short & I shouldn't spend it cleaning & laundering. Believe me I am not - I make time to enjoy too. But the 3 boys in my house are a handful when it comes to messes & one slip up and "BAM!", I'm behind in my duties.
But despite that, today my hubby encouraged me to have a lazy day & I did it. I read (& it wasn't "A Pocket For Corduroy"!) I surfed. I Tivo'd. I rested in bed with no children jumping about. I had that wonderful massage this morning! I popped into Steinmart (by the way) afterwards & bought this awesome bench for $38! It was $179 orig, marked down to $99...50% off sale today only & then an extra 20% off for Preferred Members! Oh I love a sale! Oops, I digress. I had a great lazy day and I do have a boatload to do tomorrow but the Hell with it today!
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good for you! Sometimes you just need to let things be and just enjoy. Yes, the laundry and countertop will be there in the morning, but those unplanned down times are wonderful!!!
Lazy days are great! I could have had a nice lazy day on Saturday, but decided to wear myself out at Busch Gardens instead.
Post a Comment