Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Purge Continues...

I seem to have been in one of the longest cycles of purging/getting rid of things that I've ever been in! I guess that is more due to me having weeks of being super busy & without time to spare spending on purging and then periods where I make sure I have time to spend on it! It seems like I've been working on this for close to 2 months now! I wish a had a whole week with no doctor's appts, no therapies (for anyone in the house!), no company, no illness, no errands, no school events or meetings - oh what a dream that would be! But reality is reality...so I do my best to roll with it. That is why I'm going on 2 months of purging and cleaning out the items I seem to have held onto for....unknown reasons.

But I feel like it's been therapeutic...a catharsis if you will. I feel like I've been stripped of all the baggage & have a weight lifted. Gee, can I think of any other overused phrases?? Ha ha. But it is true. It is great. I love this kind of stuff. It is the same reason I guess, that I always liked the new school year & new school supplies. It is a chance to start over new with a fresh blank pad of paper & pencils that have never been sharpened. How many times in your life do you get that chance (well, as an adult & when you're out of school I mean!). I feel like I have that fresh, virgin pack of pencils that doesn't know I press down too hard and will break the point a lot!

This also means my poor friends in the Moms Club will likely see me posting about lots of things I am trying to find new homes for! I apologize in advance for that, BAM! I just prefer to pass things along to friends if I can, followed by donating to our church's organizations, followed by donating to an organization that needs them, followed by Goodwill....I hate to just throw things away!

3 comments:

Melodie said...

As you know, I've been trying to do some purging myself, but I've been derailed a bit by this nasty illness. I hope I can start back up again tomorrow.

Heather said...

I love purging. BAMs has been quite the decluttering group recently, between eBay auctions, Craigslist postings, etc! Way to go! I love the feeling!

Liza B. Gonzalez said...

I know how you feel. I've been purging ever since we decided to put in for our transfer...and I still have eight months to go. AAHHH!