Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Gimme A Break...
No actually let's change that to "I Have a Break"....as in toe! Yes, the verdict is in! My podiatrist saw me today and after some x-rays she confirmed that it is indeed broken! Well, no shocking news to me! It is broken in the joint, which she said is not a very good place to have a break - next time I'll remember to ask the small children with the heavy object to aim elsewhere! I LOVE my podiatrist - she has the best sense of humor and bedside manner. I told her I do not have Munchausen's Syndrome and I did not do this to myself - she got the biggest kick out of that. But I have a lovely "fracture boot" - it is kind of like a velcro shoe but very stiff...oh & super fashionable too! ha ha! I have a stiff wrapping, like a cast but not rock hard & it is removable. We'll see how it is in a few weeks but again, God, point taken! Thanks for the brutally clear sign!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I hope the boot helps...Wow, years ago for a broken toe they never would of thought to give such an aparatus...How times have changed...At least this will probably double the healing time...Try to stay off of it as much as possible...I say that with a giggle...How can that be with 2 small children...Feel better
Thanks Debbie! Yes, it is interesting! But I have to say, it isn't too painful today and I have been on it a lot today. I don't know if it's just psychological...now that I know what is really wrong with it I can get on with letting it heal?? Or maybe as the swelling is decreasing it is less painful? Who knows but I am thankful for that! It does hurt to put pressure on it but that's to be expected and that's what the fabulous boot is for!
I can't wait to see the boot!
Post a Comment