Thursday, August 21, 2008

Waffle Heaven!!!

I just got my new Krups waffle maker delivered yesterday - I told Matthew I need to run a test first before I make them for breakfast. Can I just say.....LOVE IT! Oh my - they were the B-E-S-T waffles ever! I even used my gluten-free baking mix and no sugar in them....WOW - WOW! My test turned into my lunch! I am making these for breakfast tomorrow for sure!

7 comments:

Karlise said...

Yay for waffles! LOL I lied about my waffle maker apparently. I pulled it out while cleaning out the cabinets and it does make 4 waffles just like your Krups. It takes about 5-6min I guess per fill. I just never know how much batter to use so I end up with 3/4 waffles or batter coming out the sides! LOL

Enjoy! I've been making a big batch on the weekends and freezing them for all week long. The boys love some mini chocolate chips or cinnamon chips in them (ever so healthy I know).

Karen said...

Oh, I'm jealous. That's one of the appliances that I would like to have, along with a dehydrator, and a Harsch Fermenting Crock, lol.

Working Mama said...

Actually the Krups I got only makes 2 big squares at a time b/c I wanted one with removeable plates that can go in the dishwasher. Much easier to clean & since they are belgium style they are thicker so you don't need as many.

Debbie said...

We have a Belgium maker and a regular maker...We bought them at where else, the Rolling Pin. They are not top of the line, but for as much as we use them, perfect for us...We've made waffles, froze them and they are great! Quick question, when you make waffles and they have the light crispiness to them, if you are making a bigger batch to be served all at the same time, how do you maintain that? We've put them in a dish, and let sit in the oven at the lowest temp possible, but they soften. The taste is still great, but the texture loses something..

Working Mama said...

I think it's just the kind of thing you have to make "to order" basically. If making a monster batch - I'd make a starter batch, get people eating them & then make the rest. I think they are just best that way to stay crisp. I guess you just need a houseboy!

Debbie said...

I like that answer, a houseboy....as long as this houseboy will do other chores, especially the ones I do not like to do...He can start with the vacuuming...Forget that, that's George's job..LOL!

Karlise said...

I make batches to freeze. They soften up so we throw them in the toaster to crisp them back up.

Andrea, I love that yours has removeable plates. I'm so jealous!