Sunday, August 24, 2008

Recipe For A Busy Day....

Today was a BUSY Sunday - what happened to the "day of rest"! Ha!

Here is the recipe if you need it. (Somehow I don't think you other mothers out there need the recipe...I think it's innately handed down! LOL!)

Get up and get showered & dressed for church.
Wake & dress 2 y/o...send him off to wake up Daddy.
Wake & dress 5 y/o...let him button own shirt while I go to wake up Daddy.
Pack tote bag for church (envelopes, kid's bibles, wipes & pull-up, water bottle)
Get everyone in car & head to church.
Make it through mass & socializing in social hall.
Run through Starbucks (Thank you, Jesus for Starbucks!)
Go home & change
Cook breakfasts to order (that's just how Sunday is - every other day they all get the same thing..Sunday it's "to order")
Feed family
Clean up dishes & kitchen.
Take boys on bike ride
Run home as rainstorm starts
Get 2 y/o down for nap.
Go for "me" time...i.e. running errands alone
Torrential rain while driving
Go to pharmacy - sorry can't fill that Rx...needs to be made at different pharmacy
Trudge through mud & rain to sign 5 y/o up for BAYSL soccer
Dash in & out of rain to pick up 5 y/o's guinea pig supplies
Dash in & out of rain to make return at Linen 'N Things
Dash in & out of rain to run into Publix
Dash in & out of rain to stop at Chuck's Natural Health Foods
Dash in & out of rain to go to Office Depot to get new Responsibility Chart sheets (is it terribly irresponsible to have lost the responsibility chart????)
Run to "other" pharmacy that has to make the medication compound...they are closed on Sundays!
Put that on my "to do" list for Monday
Pick up treat for hubby....just because.
Go home and start cooking dinner
Get 2 y/o up since he's been apparently napping the whole time I was gone & no one else thought to wake him up!
Get dinner on table
Clean up dishes & kitchen
Sit down.

Yup...that's a busy day!

1 comment:

Melodie said...

You're brave to run all of those errands in the pouring rain. I probably would have just moved it all to Monday. I hate going out in the rain. I prefer to watch it from the comfort of my home.