We have had a nice quiet home day today. Whew! That was a great way to wrap up the week.
I had to be here for Banko Garage Doors to come for a service call between 8-12 but I really needed to meet Don at the bank to notarize something & of course morning was best for him. So Banko Doors was nice enough to give me a tighter window for the appt and we had a quick run up to our bank. That was our only outing today! The garage door repairman came & we decided he just needed to replace our garage door opener vs. trying to repair it - plus we'll end up with a quieter & stronger model to boot....but, he couldn't do the replacement right then & would have to come back later today. When he did come back he realized that the boxed opener he had with him was one he had swapped out at someone else's house & was defective. So he'll be coming back early next week to do the replacement. A little questionable...I wonder if he was trying to get me to buy the next higher up model...but they are a good company so I'll do my best to not think the worst - LOL!
But I got my IKEA organizing stuff together - very happy with it. I updated my calendar with all the stuff from the new school year calendar...so now I have all the days off, noon dismissals, special events, etc. marked on one calendar. The boys played and were happy to have a lazy day.
I have a bouncy castle rental coming tomorrow morning as a surprise to Matthew - we'll see how our weather is (keep your fingers crossed! LOL) since it was nice today despite hearing how rainy it would be! We have karate and then after that we'll bounce-bounce-bounce! Sunday we have the Open House for Matthew's school in the afternoon and that will be fun! Then we'll be ALL ready.
Friday, August 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Do they still do it the way they did when I was a kid? We would go over to the school after Mass and check the class lists on each of the teachers' doors to find out which class we were in. It was always so exciting to me to find out who my teacher was and which of my friends were going to be in my class that year.
They still do it basically that way. They have a special mass for school families at 2:30 but we don't go to that one b/c it is more mobbed than Christmas mass! We just go to our regular morning mass and then we head over to the school about 4:00 for the open house. You find the list and see which class/teacher you have and then get to meet that teacher & see your classroom, etc. They usually have refreshments in the courtyard as well.
Post a Comment