Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Follow Up...

As a quick follow up, Matthew had a great day. When I picked him up he told me "I had a great day!". I didn't ask much more because I have found from experience that he clams up if asked lots of questions about school. He'll tell me at his own pace. He did eat all his lunch though - a friend of mine recommended the method of telling them to bring home everything in their lunchboxes to see how much they are eating. He ate everything but drank very little...probably too excited....I did check with him and he said he had no problems opening his Sigg water bottle so it was probably too much excitement!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I have been in some classes at times or even when I met Elizabeth at her school last year for lunch. A lot of children I've seen do not seem to always finish their drinks...I was surprised because I would think they were more thirsty...But I often would see that kids were chatty with food in their hand, so I think its easier (in their minds) to eat and talk rather than drink and talk?? LOL!

Melodie said...

Emily came home from school on Monday starving. Partly because she has the earliest lunch in the school, but mostly because, as she put it, "we were talking too much to eat."