
The "Kindergartener"
Today was Matthew's official first day of Kindergarten. I actually had butterflies/knots in my stomach...you'd think I was the one starting something new. He was a calm, cool, collected boy....he was out cold when I woke him & helped him to the bathroom. He was on the potty with eyes closed & I really thought he was groggy until he said "You know what Mommy? Tonight you won't be able to snuggle a preschooler anymore. I'm a Kindergartener now.". It was so precious.

The "left behind" boys trying to have a stiff upper lip.
Surprisingly Daddy was having a much harder time with this school thing than I was. I felt a tiny bit misty when we started to leave the classroom but one look at Don all welling up & all I could say was "well, thanks a lot!". I was almost proud of how well I was holding up but seeing my hubby tearing sets off my emotions and there we were...quite the couple. We went to the special mass for parents afterward and then Patrick and I hit Starbucks & Target. I cannot tell you how many Moms I ran into in Target today - all of them had kids who had just started school and were all getting used to the routine.
We will be going to get Matthew in about an hour and I'll be anxious to hear how his day went. He's such a big boy now....a real KINDERGARTENER.
6 comments:
Very nice pictures...I love the picture also, of Patrick and Don, looking so sad! But I know, so proud too! Can't wait to see how his day went!
I love Patrick's expression! Priceless!
Check in already! I can't wait to hear how his day went! He looked proud though!
Way to go Matthew!
Great pictures. I also agree that the one of Don and Patrick is priceless. Glad to hear Matthew's day went well. I've noticed Hannah not drinking much at lunch either. Funny, huh?
Great pics! What a big boy.
Post a Comment