Friday, July 4, 2008
Pop, Bang, Sizzle...
That's the serenade we had this evening...actually still have but as a nice pleasant background sound...not that ka-BOOM from rockets that "some" have set off in the past. After Patrick went to bed, I gave Matthew a treat and let him stay up late until it was nice & dark so he could see some fireworks. None of our immediate neighbors set them off this year or last (thankfully)...we have waaaay too much of a thickly treed area anyway. But Matthew & I sat at the end of our driveway & enjoyed lovely fireworks from three views. We spent about 20 minutes watching them and then it was off to bed for Matthew...nice treat for a big boy. I really enjoyed it too! Oh & we saw a baby bat that we believe was learning to fly - just like Stellaluna! Too cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's great that the neighbors were more respectful with the fireworks. Of course I wish I could say the same. It was nice that Elizabeth could see some in the background of our flag pole and even see some of the lightening strikes. It was the most pedicular thing though...I am just thankful that Jillian slept through them!!
Post a Comment