I have been battling a killer migraine today. I cannot even tell you the last time I had a migraine. It was the strangest thing. I woke up fine but then within 15 minutes it started - I really thought it was a sinus headache...but couldn't figure out what triggered my sinuses/allergies. I have discovered a lot of food sensitivities I have since we changed our way of eating & since I went through the elimination diet.
I broke down & took OTC allergy medicine....no help on headache. By mid morning I took Tylenol...no help. By early afternoon I took Excedrin...no help. And this was one of my long days - both boys had speech at USF plus karate. I had a meeting at Matthew's school from 9-10:30 & Don took Patrick up to his speech and then I had to switch off with him so he could go to work & I had to go up to USF for Matthew's speech. I really needed quiet & darkness.
I drank lots of water to flush it out and then I really started thinking about what I'd eaten. Our regular diet - salmon, veggies, an egg...then I remembered we had lunch at the home of some friends...they made us a special lunch. Korean BBQ - at first I thought "oh it couldn't be that!" because it was just beef, radishes, turnips, brown rice & lettuce. But then I thought about the Korean BBQ marinade and the preservative in the radish & turnip slaw/salad. It HAS to be MSG! Oh mercy - I have felt awful today. I have not had anything (to my knowledge) with MSG in it in ages...this was pretty bad. It wasn't the worst migraine I've ever had but it wasn't good either.
I am happy to report that after downing tons of water, I feel 85-90% better...I have the boys in bed & the kitchen cleaned up and now I'm heading for a quick shower, a cup of decaf Tazo tea and off to bed to rest up. Thankfully tomorrow morning we don't have to be anywhere until 11:30.
Keep away MSG!
Monday, July 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I hope you squash that migraine and feel 100% soon.
Eww! MSG makes me so sick, too. I always try to avoid it.
I don't have problems with MSG (which is a good thing since my inlaws use it in all sorts of stuff!), but my mom always got horrendous headaches from it when I was a little kid. I hope yours is all cleared up by morning so you can have a nice, relaxing day!
Post a Comment