Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hot Night On The Town & Other Things

Last night, Don and I had a fancy-pants "adult" night out on the town....thanks to my kind, generous friend, Karen, who babysat for us & even put up with us being late coming home! I cannot even believe we lost track of time like we did - I guess the up side of it (as my husband put it) is that we clearly felt so comfortable with Karen being there that we were able to let go of worry & in letting go/unwinding we lost track of time! Hopefully we didn't overextend Karen too much!


We went to an Auction/Dinner Gala at the Tampa Bay Performing Art Center and it was really beautiful and a lot of fun. We didn't buy (or "win" depending on how you view auctions!) as much as we thought we would but what we did get were all practical things. We got family passes to Dinosaur World and a Curious George Day for Matthew and a summer camp for Matthew. We were outbid on the more extravagant items and apparently that was just not meant to be for us ...there were clearly people willing to spend a LOT of dough on some things!


Today was a much more sedate day - this afternoon Matthew had a birthday party for a classmate and Don took him there while Patrick and I took a dresser to a friend in St. Pete who really, really needed it. We met back at home mid-afternoon and now Matthew is watching some of last night's Nascar race (he has been chompin' at the bit to find out who won) with Don as a treat.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

That sounds like a fun night...Don and you deserve it...I am not sure if you two go out much more than when we used to talk, but if not, last night must of been extra rare, but extra special...So Matthew is into Nascar...Who's his favorite???

Karen said...

I'm glad you were able to have fun last night and no you did not over extend me, lol. I was glad to do it and boy did I get an ear full about Nascar last night, lol!