Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Cleaning mode....and shopping mode :)

Maybe it's the springtime feel in the air? (well..no that is summer I am feeling, isn't it?) Maybe it's all the other BAM bloggers posting about their cleaning projects? Maybe it's the pregnant chick (Heather) and her nesting stage? I don't know what it is, but I have been struck by Spring Cleaning Fever!!!! Not that I didn't already want to do these things but I found some motivation. If everyone else can find theirs...why can't I find mine. So I found it. It was buried out back under some pollen, fallen leaves and plants needing attention. But I shook it out and it is good as new.

I spent a some time Monday afternoon scrubbing the bathroom & commode room tile floors & grout on my hands and knees because I just didn't feel like they were coming as clean as possible. I also bought snazzy new rugs and I didn't want my new rugs on those floors until I had done all in my power to clean that grout! Scrubbing tile & grout led to deep cleaning the baseboards...because, well, once you are down there you are eye level to the baseboards vs. just getting them with the vac tools or duster.

My new chaise cushions for the patio arrived today - the other ones are old and pollen stained and yucky. The new ones are bright apple green and so nice that I decided I can't put them on those chairs until they are scrubbed and until I also scotchguard the cushions! That is on tomorrow afternoon's schedule now.

I also need a new runner for the kitchen but I need to scrub that floor (the grout) too before I want to put one down. That will not be until Monday since Friday is already booked and we are going to Spring Jubilee on Saturday and I am not scrubbing grout on Sunday while my family frolics!

So, it seems my pattern is....I buy something, I clean something. I buy something, I clean something. I kind of like this...immediate gratification in several ways - some selfish and some productive!

7 comments:

Karen said...

Well you've way surpassed me in my cleaning efforts. Now I feel guilty I didn't do more, lol. I guess I need to get busy. We are going to Spring Jubilee on Sunday. We are going to the 9:30 mass at the school on Sunday followed by a breakfast and then hopefully, it won't be too much longer before they start the rides up at noon. Have fun!

Holly said...

Thanks for reminding me about the Jubilee. Maybe we'll try to go sometime this weekend.

Hearing about your grout scrubbing brings back bad memories for me. I was scrubbing grout 2 days before I got sick. Now I'm afraid to scrub anymore grout! LOL

Melodie said...

I've got a bunch of cleaning and purging ahead of me. Not only do I need to work on the cleaning and purging at my house, but my mother has decided to move to Lakeland and I'm going to be helping her to empty out her house in Riverview so she can rent it out.
Fun, Fun, Fun!

Debbie said...

I couldn't help but comment...Where do you get the energy and time and can you send some of those vibes over to me...

Hope all is well.....

Heather said...

I like your pattern: buying and cleaning. Maybe I should go buy something tomorrow to get motivation to clean more. LOL!

Scarlett said...

Still haven't found my motivation... Maybe it's out on my porch under my dusty outdoor furniture cushions! But I really don't want to deal with THOSE yet! I guess my motivation will have to stay buried a little longer...

jennifer said...

I am with you Andrea. I got a new kitchen table today. So when the old when went away BUT before the new one arrived.....I was on the floor scrubbing walls, baseboards and grout. Now what else can I buy....I mean clean.