Saturday, March 22, 2008

Wrapping Up

I have been wrapping up. No presents. Not a project. Just wrapping up several things - for one, Lent is coming to a close.

I promised to work on not passing judgement & stopping envious feeling during Lent and to revisit that I have to say...I did not succeed in eradicating these from my life. But truthfully, I did not & can not reasonably expect that I would wipe out deeply rooted patterns in a few weeks. What I did accomplish is facing some of my unhealthy & sinful behaviors/emotions and being aware when I am doing them. That may sound like a cop out but I don't plan to return to my "former" self just because Lent is over. That is why I truly made an effort to "give up" something deeper this year. I really want to change those things about me and let go of all that crap that just holds you down and does nothing for you or relationships. It is really cathartic to admit that you have these imperfect, unhealthy behaviors and not try to rationalize them away or bury them for once. I plan to make this something I continue to work on probably for life - honestly I don't know if I'll ever 100% overcome them but trying my hardest, with God's help, is what it is all about.

Secondly, for my wrapping up, my SIL & my neice left yesterday and my FIL & his wife arrive today. Whew! My neice was really sick for the last 2 days she was here and I need to literally disinfect the guest suite upstairs before my in-laws arrive. I was at Good Friday mass for 2 hours last night and it was just not in me to get to cleaning so instead DH & I caught up on American Idol! LOL. But I am wrapping up my week of guests and readying for the next set now.

Lastly, I need to wrap up getting ready for Easter - TOMORROW! Yikes! Where did that come from!? I have to get the baskets ready and stuff my own Easter eggs for our hunt after mass tomorrow and finilize my menu! Plus I have a hair appt today!

Well time to wrap up this blog post too!

2 comments:

Karlise said...

You are a busy, busy woman!

Karen said...

I think it's great that you are aware of your sinful behaviors. I didn't have such a successful Lent either but even though I didn't read from the bible every single day, I did read a lot more than I normally do and I tried to look up the readings of the day on line so does that count? lol. I just received a free copy of Magnificat for the month of April. If I can successfully read through it each day, I'm going to get a subscription for my birthday. Have a great Easter tomorrow!