Friday, March 7, 2008

One On One

Well my poor little guy hasn't gotten the one on one time with Mommy like his big brother did. That is just a cold hard fact of having more than one child....unless they are spaced way further apart. He certainly hasn't lacked in getting love, hugs, kisses, fun times...but we had some down time the other morning after we dropped off Matthew at school so we got home and I suggested we go out on his trike. Yippee! He burst with happiness. That made me happy & sad at the same time - I was thrilled he was excited but how sad that we haven't done that like I got to with Matthew! I know he doesn't know any different but it tugs at your heart.






We had a wonderful brisk walk on a very windy day - Patrick very focused riding his Kettler trike and me getting a chance to talk to him without a thousand interruptions! We got to visit the horses, one of his favorite animals, and pet them on the nose. It is nice to slow down and appreciate these little things. I have really been making an effort to find time for us to steal away some one on one fun time...we got to go to a playdate with my friend, Melodie, and her sweetie Katie too! I always try to remember the line from John Lennon's song about his son "life is what happens when you're busy making other plans".

1 comment:

Melodie said...

Katie and I had a really good time playing with you guys at the park. We'll have to do it again soon.