Friday, October 10, 2008

Another Week....

Well, another week is nearly over.

That astounds me.

Time is flying all around me & I am trying, my darnedest, to stay "in the moment" & not get caught up in the busy hub-bub so much that I miss the truly wonderous moments.

Life as a school parent is never dull. Never boring. Rarely quiet & slow.

I have been a busy bee (not to take any "bee-zness" away from you, Liza!) volunteering & coordinating my little heart out. I have become very good friends with the die-cutting machine in Sister Pauline's office at Matthew's school. I am seriously considering putting roller blades on Patrick so he can keep up! This week alone I have organized two mornings of craft/creativity w/ Moms working on a project requested by the principal. I have organized two mornings of a School Parent Nursery Co-op on campus. I have held a Head Homeroom Coordinator lunch meeting where Patrick fell asleep on my arm & I couldn't move it for an hour. I am cutting paper in my sleep. I am fielding emails & calls with questions daily.

But it is all good.

Patrick sang me "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" in the car one afternoon & it was SO precious. Running up to USF for speech therapy twice a week is well worth it.

Matthew told me his heart was filled with love for "God, myself, you, Daddy & Patrick".

Don came home from his 5 day "guys" trip refreshed.

I am getting a massage tomorrow! Wa-hoo!!

Life is good. Busy...but that's good too.

5 comments:

Melodie said...

Wow! Sister Pauline is still there?! I had her in 6th grade. I was always afraid to have a nun for a teacher, and thought that I got lucky having Ms. Poehler instead of Sister Pauline in 2nd grade. Then she changed grades and I ended up in her class for 6th grade. Turned out, she was SO much fun!

Working Mama said...

Well Mrs. Poehler is something like asst principal now & Sister Pauline just works in the library. No nuns teach there anymore at all! A lot of our teachers were public school teachers that changed to private.

Debbie said...

Enjoy your relaxing massage!!! I'm jealous!

Karen said...

Enjoy your massage! I'm jealous too Debbie.

Working Mama said...

Well I figured since Don had 5 days away on a "guys" weekend, the least I could get was a massage!