Saturday, June 14, 2008

Father's Day Preparation

Today was, sadly, the only day I have been able to work on our Father's Day prep...this week has been so incredibly crazy between returning home, camp, several doctor's appts for me, the USF speech program eval for Matthew, re-stocking our food supply, finalizing new insurance....you get the picture. Regardless, I already had everything for Father's Day (except for steaks which we picked up today) and we just had to carve out time.

This is Daddy's big Father's Day gift - the boys had a lot of fun helping with it. They each made masterpieces in a mixed media of crayon/colored pencil/stickers for him as well as cards.


We wrapped up his new lunch cooler & 2 gal water jug (which is also for his lunches) and we included a picture of us, laminated, on the cooler so he can always be having lunch "with us". I didn't remember to take a picture of that part until after it was wrapped - sorry!

So we have church in the a.m., then we'll have a nice breakfast, open presents, relax and we will swim for sure. I bought a new twirly water sprayer for the boys today (since ours seems to have gone MIA) so maybe we'll play in that in the afternoon too. Then we are grilling steaks (as His Majesty requested) and I am making gluten-free pasta salad with roasted veggies & greek salad. I already made GF strawberry-yogurt muffins as our dessert for tomorrow. Then dh's birthday is Monday so we do it all over again - but it's SO fun!

Happy Father's Day to all!

2 comments:

Heather said...

That's a beautiful gift Andrea! I might have to steal the idea!

Melodie said...

That picture frame is so cute with the handprints! You have such great ideas.