Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Enron, Look Out...

Anyone remember Enron??? The company that brought document shredding to a new level?? Well, I think I am following in their footsteps!


No, nothing illegal going on here...not tax evasion...no fraud.


Just time to moooooove out the old files that don't need to be kept any longer. Pitching the old purchase receipts....scrapping the bank statements that are past the tax guidelines....even getting rid of the repair/maintenance records for things we don't own anymore - LOL!



Yes, that was ALL the "to be shredded" pile. The pile was over knee high and that Pottery Barn bag was chock full. It weighed a TON and filled the shredder bin 6 times!

I feel like a new person - letting go of the past always does that to me! I have nice new "thin" file folders....I have put the items that needed to be kept in long term storage....I made new labels because .....well...it just made me feel more orderly! I guess when it comes to my office (a.k.a. "Command Central"), I am bulimic...I binge (keeping every paper possible) and purge (like now!).

Maybe not the prettiest visual for an analogy but it works!

No comments: