Sunday, April 27, 2008

If It Swims Like A Fish, It Must Be........

....It must be Matthew! We went in our pool for the first time this year today! I don't know why it has taken us this long since we have solar heat & it's probably been ready for almost a month. But took advantage of it today. Matthew is such an excellent swimmer & I have to say I was a little surprised that his skills stayed so strong after not really having been in a pool since late November! But "woo-hoo" he's a strong swimmer!




Patrick had a blast playing on the steps with a few water toys, taking a cup filling it with pool water, throwing the water further out into the pool & saying "I fill pool with my water!". Oh the innocent mind!

Matthew clearly takes after me & was complaining that he was "too cold" and I tended to agree until the thermometer floated over to me & I saw our pool temp was 89. That gave me the "mental push" to say "no, it's not cold". I don't go in the pool unless it's 88...that's my minimum! That's why we got solar!

We sat out for lunch on the patio & then had a little more swimming while we watched the beginning of the Nascar race - Matthew was watching to see if he'd see Daddy(since Daddy is there for the race)..but I actually think he forgot to even look for him because he was so excited about the race. He's all changed now but still in the reclining chair on the patio watching the race. Life is good for a 5 year old!

1 comment:

Melodie said...

Your boys are so gorgeous! And the faces that Patrick makes are just priceless.